Waitsfield Water Commission Responsibilities
The Waitsfield Water Commission is responsible for the following roles and responsibilities as they relate to the operation and management of the municipal water system:
- To enact regulations and policies governing the orderly, safe, and efficient operation of the water system;
- To propose additions, deletions, and amendments to the water ordinance, and to review and make recommendations on any changes to the Commission’s ordinance proposals made by the Board;
- To construct, repair, and maintain the municipal water system for the purposes of providing potable water to residents within the WSA and fire protection to residents of the Town generally;
- To ensure compliance with all relevant and required State and Federal laws, rules, policies, permits, and guidelines related to the provision of potable water and capacity for fire protection;
- To establish water rates and collect fees;
- Any other duties as specifically outlined in Statute, such as 24 V.S.A. § 3313.
The Town of Waitsfield, through the Water Commission, contracts with Simon Operating Services for water operator services.
For a copy of the water ordinance, please see below:
Waitsfield Water Ordinance-as amended 11-19-18; signed by SB (with new rates, effective July 1, 2021 - see Appendix A).
Annual Consumer Confidence Report
Waitsfield 2020 Consumer Confidence Report (posted 6/28/21)
The Water Commission can be reached via e-mail at: [email protected].
For contact information in non-emergency and emergency situations, please see to the document below:
Waitsfield Water Commission Members
Robin Morris, Chair
Pete Reynells, Vice-Chair